The surgery is on the corner of Abbotswood Road and Ermin Street and was built in 1970. Over the years it has been extended to double its original size.
The surgery is owned and equipped by the partners. There are five partners and three salaried doctors who work here. A full range of services including contraceptive services, child health surveillance and maternity care are offered.
Vision for the Service
Our vision is to maintain a high standard of safe and effective clinical care delivered in a caring and empathic way while ensuring equality of access to all. We are keen to promote positive health beliefs and habits and the prevention of ill-health while also treating promptly and effectively those suffering from ill-health. Through working with our Primary Care Network and Integrated Care System, we will continue to be integrated positively with our local community and so will be more open to addressing their evolving needs.
Strategy for the Service
- Maintain a well-motivated group of GP’s, practice nurses and allied health professionals who are forward-thinking and are passionate about ongoing learning and innovating so as to improve the quality of the service.
- To continue to invest in the wider practice team to ensure ongoing professional development and quality improvement.
- Continue to work positively within our Primary Care Network and to make the most of the benefits membership provides. This will involve integrating associate health professionals to improve access and quality of care.
- To work with the voluntary sector and the wider community to help patients achieve better health and wellbeing outcomes.
- Ongoing training of GP trainees and student nurses to help improve the number of GP’s and primary care nurses, but also to help us stay up-to-date and be aware of innovation.
- To future plan the requirements that will be placed on our management team through possible retirement and also the challenges and opportunities that will come with population growth.
- To continue to proactively work with the CCG, Tewkesbury Borough Council and local developers to move forward the plan for new premises.
- To continue to look for opportunities that innovative technology provides, as we have demonstrated throughout the pandemic, while also ensuring that those groups who may struggle with technology are not left behind as a result.